QIXIT SPOKESPERSON CONTEST RULES
This contest is open to all members of Qixit™ Free Email. No purchase or obligation is necessary to enter.
The Contest is offered to all natural persons age 18 and over who are members of Qixit™ as of the date of entry and who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Qix Information Technology LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- People who wish to participate in the Qixit Spokesperson Contest who meet the above conditions but are not a Qixit™ member, must first become a Qixit member by signing up for the Free Qixit Email service at www.Qixit.com.
- Record a short personal video describing the virtues and benefits of using Qixit email, and why it's great that Qixit pays their members whenever they get an email message. The video may be funny, satirical, dramatized, serious, theatrical, elaborate or simple.
- The video may be recorded on any digital video recording device including phone, camera, camcorder, or webcam.
- The video should be approximately 1 minute long. It may be directly recorded using a web cam at www.qixit.net/video-comments or it may be uploaded as a digital file at the same site. Other submissions will not be accepted for this contest.
- You must follow the instructions when uploading the file providing (a) your true name, (b) your Qixit ID, and (c) your non-Qixit email address through which you will be provided with a confirmation of the video posting with a direct link you can share with your friends.
- When submitting your video you must agree to the Release and Assignment Agreement posted on the web site which gives us rights to use the video.
- ONLY the contestant actually submitting the video may be seen in the video. If others are present on screen the submission will not qualify for this contest.
- Videos containing profanity, nudity, ethnic slurs, slander or previously copyrighted material will be automatically disqualified.
All entries must be received by midnight September 30, 2009. This means each Entrant must have signed up for their Free Qixit Email account AND taken the steps above by this time. The uploading of each video must be prior to midnight, September 30, 2009.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
All entries will be initially judged by the staff of Qixit.com to determine if the video qualifies based on the guidelines above. Accepted videos will be posted at www.Qixit.net/video-comments where they may be viewed for voting by the public. Prizes will be awarded according to the number of digg votes received by the contestants by the voting deadline. In the case of a tie, judges will determine the winner.
- After being reviewed by Qixit staff for acceptability, your video will be posted for viewing at www.Qixit.net/video-comments under your Qixit user name.
- People may view the video and vote for it by clicking the “digg” icon next to the video. You may want to cast the first vote which will also register the video with Digg.
- You may urge your friends, family, classmates and co-workers to view the video and vote for you.
- Votes will be allowed through the voting deadline of midnight, October 15, 2009.
The 10 Entrants whose videos get the most “diggs” (votes) by the voting deadline will be offered the opportunity to be a “spokespeople” for Qixit.com. As spokespeople each will be asked to record videos explaining the features, benefits, tips and technical pointers on Qixit.com the email that makes every day a payday. These will be independent contractor positions. No promise of permanent employment is made or intended. All spokespeople will be compensated, however no specific rate of compensation is promised nor are winners guaranteed a spokesperson position for more than one assignment or for an equal number of assignments. As contractors, spokespeople are responsible for all federal, state and local income taxes.
Winners will be announced on or before November 15, 2009. Winners will be notified via Qixit.com email. Winners will have 30 days to respond following notification. If a winner does not respond within 30 days, another winner may be chosen in their place.
OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS AND WARRANTY
Submitted videos may not contain any inappropriate content (including, without limitation, nudity, defamatory, slanderous, pornographic, unlawful, discriminatory or vulgar content or profane language, or any other content determined by Qix IT, LLC ("Qixit.com") to be inappropriate) or else such entries will be disqualified. Entrant represent and warrants that its submitted video entry, including video, music, lyrics, audio, graphics and other, is (i) wholly original and owned by them and is not copied from any commercial or proprietary source or otherwise copyrighted; (ii) not protected by trade secret; or (iii) not subject to any third party rights whatsoever, including privacy and publicity rights; unless it is the owner of such rights or has permission from its rightful owner to post the material and to grant Qixit.com all of the license rights granted herein. Entrant confirms that it has the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the video to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the video in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Contest Rules. Qixit.com will be the sole arbiter of suitability and conformability for all entries.
OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE GRANT
Qix Information Technology LLC ("Qixit.com") will retain all ownership rights in the videos submitted. By participating in this Contest, Entrant expressly grants and assigns a perpetual royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable, unlimited worldwide right to Qixit.com to modify, use, reproduce, distribute, electronically publish, and display the submitted video and written material in all media, means, and forms and without any payment to the Entrant. Entrant agrees that the submission and use of each entry shall be subject to and governed by the Contest Rules. Entrant also hereby grants to each Website user a non-exclusive license to access the video through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such video as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Contest Rules. In addition, to the extent that you provide any comments about Qixit.com or the Free Qixit Email service in connection with your submission, you consent to the use and duplication of such comments, or portions thereof by Qixit.com for any commercial, advertising, trade and other purposes, in any medium during and after the Contest Period.